Saturday, September 27, 2014

31DC2014 Day 27: I Want To Live Until I Die, Inspired By Explodingdog


I had initially hoped that this year's Inspired by Artwork mani wouldn't take me as long or be as stressful as last year's Banksy nails. But once again I really wanted to try my hardest to do this artwork justice. Today's mani was inspired by a piece titled "I Want To Live Until I Die" by Sam Brown, the artist behind Explodingdog.com. I knew I wanted to do an image from Explodingdog, but had the hardest time choosing which one! Finally I decided on this one because it is so joyful and just felt right.


image credit: buildingaworld.com

I have been a fan of Explodingdog almost since its inception, back in 1999. All the images are created in this same stick-figure style. I've been a fan because despite the simplistic appearance, there is always a strong emotion conveyed through each image with its accompanying caption. It's amazing, and inspirational, to me that after so many years, and thousands of pieces, he is still able to produce original content. 


I could not believe I was able to fit the whole text on my thumb nail! I (literally) went cross-eyed multiple times doing this mani. I hope I don't wake up tomorrow with my eyes permanently cross-eyed.



Here's what they look like together!


What I used:
Ginger + Liz The Good Life -sky blue
Ginger + Liz Chase Me -medium blue
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue- cobalt blue
Sephora by OPI Break a Leg Warmer- dark gray
Sinful Colors Snow Me White- white
acrylic paints


Last year's 31DC2013 Inspired by Artwork Banksy Nails were my favorite of the entire Challenge!


Just a warning that if you visit Explodingdog.com you might be stuck there for hours! But do it anyway, it's totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!